Water Drop in Tank --- Need Help

Users who are viewing this thread

ragesmith

Reaction score
Guys,

I have no plumbing experiance and I have a problem...I think. I have a toilet that was installed about a month ago (actually 3 of them all Jacuzzi Perfectas). Here is my problem.

1. When the toilet is flushed (it flushes very well) the tank fills up to the fill line and the bowl fills with water, after a couple of seconds the water in the bowl goes down just a very little bit after it finishes filling. I'm assuming this is just the water in the bowl leveling off.

2. The water in the tank fills to the tank line exactly right, but after several hours the water drops up to a inch below the fill line. I never hear the tank refill. I've tried the food coloring test and no color shows in the bowl. If I flush the toilet if fill back to the fill line just like it is supposed to. I can't hear any leaking or see any leaking. there is no water around the base of the bowl or around the tank. Why is it leaking? Where is the water going when the water level drops? and is it possible for the water to flow back into the line that supplies the tank with water?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help. From what I've read around here everyone seems to like the Toto. Unfortantley, I didn't find this forum before I had the Perfecta's installed and I'm stuck with what I have. I'm willing to call a plumber to help with this problem, but I would like to have some idea where to even look before I do that.

Again, Thanks in advance,
Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The water has to be going somewhere! There could be a small leak inside, and it's going down the drain, but normally, it would go into the bowl first. You may want to buy a new wax ring, and pull the toilet to check if there is any indication of moisture. While you've got it out, you could set it up on a pan or something and try to see where the water really is going.

ragesmith

Reaction score
I should also add this is a 2nd floor bathroom and the base has not been caulked around so I think (again I could be totally wrong), but I think if it anything was leaking from under the bowl I would see some water either on the floor or the ceiling on the first floor...correct or not? again, the water in the bowl doesn't go down, but the water in the tank does, about a half inch overnight, but I do not here the tank refill.

Chris

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks