Water doesn't feel soft

Users who are viewing this thread

Bluffdad

Reaction score
Had a new Watts 1.5 cf softener with Clack head installed a couple of weeks ago to replace an aging Kenmore. The water has never had the "slick" feeling that the Kenmore delivered when it was working well. I ordered a Hach titration test kit and it measured hardness at one grain or less, turning blue with one drop of solution so the water is definitely soft. Why would the water have a different feel:confused:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It might be that the "slick" you felt was the result of bacteria. I would go more with how well soap lathers up and whether there is hard water residue left on glass/tile/dishes.

Bluffdad

Reaction score
Doesn't soft water have a different feel than hard water? My water tests soft, unless that kit just isn't accurate enough.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks