Water Commander Backup Pump

Users who are viewing this thread

Patty I

Reaction score
Hello everyone:

We installed a Water Commander Backup Pump about 4 years ago in our basement;the main pump is a Zoeller electric pump. It's raining cats and dogs around where I live and that made me think I should go the basement to check on the sump pump situation. The Zoeller pump was running smoothly even though it was raining cats and dogs. It was time to check if the Water Commander was also working ok. I unplugged the Zoeller pump and proceeded to wait for the water to fill the well when it reached the float the Backp pump started pumping out water very quickly; what a relief, both pumps were working very well!

I then proceeded to plug in the Zoeller it started right away, however, the Water Commander kept on working. I had to go find the instructions for the Backup pump to check if both pumps were supposed to run at the same time. The Water Commander instruction booklet said that in case of an extreme downpour both pumps cold run in tandem. Let's see what happens if we lose power; hurricane Sandy is doing some nasty business today.

I hope my little story helps all the people that wanted information on a Water Backup Pump.

Thanks and God Bless.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks