water coming out of Sprinkler head thats off

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by bjmunroe, Jun 17, 2008.

1. bjmunroe

bjmunroe New Member

Hi

I noticed one of my sprinkler heads is leaking water when the sysytem should be off. I changed the head , but I noticed that water was coming out of line, :confused:

Barry
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

The job of a sprikler head is to let water through....if there is water there, it is going to come through the head! If there is water when there should not be, then your valve is leaking by. The water usually shows up at the closest head, or the lowest one in a string.
  3. bjmunroe

bjmunroe New Member

Is that a big job to replace valve ?????
  4. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

The difficulty in replacing a valve or valves depends on the way the manifold where there are is constructed. Often valves can be repaired much easier than replacing...cheaper too. It could be the valve has a little dirt in it that is stopping it from completely sealing. If it was mine, I'd call a repairman. They either have or can quickly get repair parts or can replace the valve or valves quickly and professionally.
  5. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

And hopefully you can find the Valve. Some weekend warriors just bury them and go away. Then you end up digging up your entire yard trying to find them.

bob...
  6. bjmunroe

bjmunroe New Member

Thank you guys

I removed the sprinkler head and flushed out the vlve and line, seems to be holding , thank you for your inputs ;)

Barry