water coming out of Sprinkler head thats off

Users who are viewing this thread

bjmunroe

Reaction score
Hi

I noticed one of my sprinkler heads is leaking water when the sysytem should be off. I changed the head , but I noticed that water was coming out of line, :confused:

Barry

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Hi

I changed the head , , :confused:

Barry

The job of a sprikler head is to let water through....if there is water there, it is going to come through the head! If there is water when there should not be, then your valve is leaking by. The water usually shows up at the closest head, or the lowest one in a string.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The difficulty in replacing a valve or valves depends on the way the manifold where there are is constructed. Often valves can be repaired much easier than replacing...cheaper too. It could be the valve has a little dirt in it that is stopping it from completely sealing. If it was mine, I'd call a repairman. They either have or can quickly get repair parts or can replace the valve or valves quickly and professionally.

Speedbump

Reaction score
And hopefully you can find the Valve. Some weekend warriors just bury them and go away. Then you end up digging up your entire yard trying to find them.

bob...

bjmunroe

Reaction score
Thank you guys

I removed the sprinkler head and flushed out the vlve and line, seems to be holding , thank you for your inputs ;)

Barry

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks