water coming out from the diverter

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by abcde08904, Jan 25, 2006.

1. abcde08904

abcde08904 New Member

new home owner and new to the forum.
    I have one cold water handle, one hot water handle, one spout and one diverter on the edge of the tub/jacuzzi, the problem is when i pull up the diverter to divert the water to the spout, water comes out of both the spout and the diverter, but when I push down the diverter to divert the water to the shower head, the leak from the diverter seems to stop. Even when I turn off the handles, some water still seems to be oozing out from the diverter. I couldn't find the brand of the diverter, it seems to be old.
    what could be the problem? is there a leak underneath the tub? help and advice are appreciated