Water Closet to Vent stack ?

Users who are viewing this thread

DJK265

Reaction score
Hi all, I hoping I can get an opinion on my layout wether or not I'm within code. I'm in Minnesota and I know It's not the same every where. I have a horizontal drain stack that runs about 4' and then goes vertical thru the roof. The water closet is plumbed in just before the stack goes vertical with a wye that's on it's back so the wye 45's up to the flange. My question is do I need to vent the toilet before the wye or is the vent stack that goes vertical acceptable. I've attached a picture to avoid any confusion. By the way that is a 4" pipe, overkill I know.

Thank You.
Dan Second Flr.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
That section of flat vent before it turns vertical is not legal anywhere except Massachusetts.

DJK265

Reaction score
Thanks for the response Tom. That was the section I was concerned about. I think I'll have to go with a Santee vertical on the vent stack and a closet bend to toilet. I was trying to avoid the 180 degree turn on the toilet in my original layout. I'm also wondering do I need a cleanout for this toilet?

Thank you.
Dan

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks