Water Ace R10L Impeller

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by grerey2003, Feb 16, 2009.

1. grerey2003

grerey2003 New Member

Can someone please tell me how to remove the impeller on a Water Ace R10L?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

3. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

Why do you want to take it off?

You should know that Water Ace is Myers' big box name. The Impeller may or may not be the same as the the Myers. If you are ordering a new one, Water Ace will whack you pretty good for the new one. You will probably need a new seal as well. You may also notice that the motor on the Water Ace is the cheapest motor GE can build.

bob...
  4. grerey2003

grerey2003 New Member

The reason I want to take it off is the motor would not turn so I began taking it apart. I took the outside case off and got the motor to start turning. When I tried to put the outside case back on I realized there were 4 nuts that were holding the outside case on. I can't put the case back on unless I take the impeller off. Any idea how to?
  5. speedbump

speedbump Previous member

If you got it off, you should be able to put it back on by reversing whatever you did to get it off. You kind of lost me there.

You are probably wasting your time. That motor is not normally repairable. They don't even use ball bearings in a lot of those cheapies. Just bushings that wear out.

If you want the impeller off, just get ahold of the motors rotor and unscrew the impeller. It has normal right hand threads. They might have used a little drop of locktite on it, so it may be a bit hard to break loose.

bob...