Waste vent ends under roof...

Users who are viewing this thread

TruckeeTrout

Reaction score
While looking for a roof leak in the space between the roof & ceiling I noticed that the drain waste vent pipe simply ended below a hole in the roof. The roof has an exhaust cap at the hole so at least that's not the source of water leak. [Squirrel entry port is possibly a different story. To be determined when there's no snow on the roof.]

The house is in California and is about 32 years old. Was this an acceptable method of terminating the waste vent at that time?

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I had a home in Redmond, the home of Microsoft now, and all the inspections were signed off on the same date. Drywall, framing and plumbing.
The framing was missing several support pads in the crawl space which I had to add and jack up the house. There was a noticable sag in the middle portion of the home.
Normally they should look at each event and sign it off, which of course happens at different times. How do you pass plumbing after the drywall has gone up?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There is nothing good about filling an attic with sewer gas and moisture. I have seen places where hack job roofers have done stuff like this on a re-roof.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Roofers pull that stunt all the time, if they think they can get away with it; also "handymen" pretending to be roofers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks