Waste plumbing diagram pics

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by homeguard, Jun 13, 2008.

1. homeguard

homeguard New Member

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

dwv

Get a plumber.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

I am getting the same pic on both links????
  4. hj

link

Originally there were two drawings, neither of which would pass any code if installed exactly according to the drawings.
  5. homeguard

homeguard New Member

these are just sketches, what exactly will not pass on the code? i had a guy at the code services office look at them and he said they would pass... and why would i need a plumber isnt that what this forum is full of?
  6. hj

drains

For starters, you do not show any vents for the lower level, and none of the vents on the upper level are functional if placed where you show them. This is not a DIY course in plumbing. It is to help people to DIY what they can, tell them when it is not a DIY project when they shouldn't, and mainly, help them to see the difference. YOU are trying to take on a job that you may not have the experience or talent for. IF you can do it, good for you, but if you install it according to that drawing, regardless of what the "counterman" says, the real inspector should reject it and require that it all be taken out and redone properly.
  7. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Again, I can only see the "old" picture. We will assume that you just drew a rough layout, and the fittings and tie ins are actuallly OK to code.

The hard part about adding to the lowest level is that you do not have any vent down there. A new vent pipe will need to connect from there all the way up to the third level to tie in. Can you post another drawing of what you want on the lower level?