waste and venting sketch

Users who are viewing this thread

pflyer

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm putting a bathroom in my basement and wanted to see if I was on the right track for my waste and vent plan. The bathroom will have a WC and shower on one wall and the lav sink on the opposite wall. There is an existing drain line that runs from the sink and dishwasher above that goes to the sewer and is vented to the main stack of the house. My plan is to tie into those. At this point, I am hoping someone can let me know if I'm on track with the general design.

Here's what I sketched out...I'd appreciate any help you can offer.

Attachments

• sketch.jpg
    sketch.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 246

pflyer

Reaction score
Forgot to add that the blue lines are the existing stuff I'm tying into and I also think I messed up the shower vent - I should have added the vent before it joins the common line with the toilet.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Your diagram is not clear to me but the vent connection must be at least 6" above the flood rim of the highest fixture served.
If the pipe has waste coming into it from above, it is a drain, not a vent.

You are correct about the need to revise the shower vent also.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks