Washington DC / Virginia Toto?

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Terry, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

I've gotten some callers wanting to know who sells Toto in the Washington DC and Virginia area.

If someone has bought there recently, can you call me at 206-949-5683 so I can pass the information along?
    Thanks,
    Terry Love
  2. CarlH

CarlH New Member

I know you asked for a call but...

I am in the area, but did not use any local retailers. The totousa.com site does have a Find Dealer facility http://totousa.com/dealerlocator.asp that may help. I did not find one that was convenient to me though.

If interested I can provide the details of the online retailer that I used ships for free if you order over X dollars and did a very good job of packing.
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

CarlH,
    I'm more interested in the local dealers where the homeowner can drive over and pick up and inspect it.
    Mail order toilets are very iffy, and I wouldn't recommend it.
    Shipping porcelain on a truck is always a gamble.
  4. CarlH

CarlH New Member

The Toto site did include more listings than when I first went looking for a Toto. If the dealer list supplied on the Toto site does not work out, I did find another possibility. I checked for plumbing suppliers in my town and got a hit for one that looks to carry Toto and they have a number of locations in Virginia.
    http://www.vamac.com/
    I will have to check them out to see for myself.

As for having one shipped, I agree it is certainly a risk. One of the risks that I was overlooking was damage may have occurred prior to final shipping to the customer. So far, I am 2 for 2 and the place that I used really did a good job of packing. They used approx. 3" of padding on all sides of the box. I attached two images showing the packaging used to ship a Drake.

If somebody does turn up with a recommended outlet for Toto in the area, I would love to find out for myself. I will be needing another toilet and other bathroom essentials for when I add a bathroom in my basement.

Attached Files:

5. Lancaster

Lancaster New Member

Thats pretty darn good packaging.Usually you just get the original Toto boxes,possibly strapped to a pallet if using common carrier..I know you pay extra to get nice packing like that and its worth it.In my experience though,the majority of distributors would not do such a good job.
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

I hope their shipping insurance carrier rewards them they deserve it!