Washing machine wall box suds backing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

mpapahronis

Reaction score
Hi, all.

Long time reader, first time poster/new member.

I've searched around and couldn't find an answer to this particular problem, so apologies if it's a repeat.

I have a toploading, non-high efficiency washer. It's about 12 years old-ish.

Water drains from the discharge hose into the drainbox in the wall with no problems.

However, during the last cycle where the machine is getting rid of the suds, (with very little water), the light suds back up out of the wall box and run onto the floor.

I had a plumber snaked the wall drain, and he said it's clear. My machine was also looked at by a reputable repairman, and he says no problems there.

I live on the 3rd (top) floor of a condo building. I've tried HE soap for the laundry to reduce sudsing. Problem still occurs.

I'm ready to cut the wall open if I can't figure this out, so please help if you can!!!

Thanks in advance, and I appreciate the community.

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
If this problem just started - and your washer is 12 years old now - and the drain is clear - then I would say
"its time for a new washer". Something must have changed/broke in the washer.

I would also check with the tenants below you, on the 2nd floor, to see if they noticed anything different regarding their washer draining.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks