Washing Machine Valve question

Users who are viewing this thread

irev210

Reaction score
So I had a cheap washing machine valve literally explode causing massive water damage.

I recently switched to the watts intelliflow which is a neat concept but has not been reliable (I am on my second unit in six months, the solenoid that opens up the cold water valve keeps failing).

So, I am on the hunt for an extremely reliable washing machine valve. Any recommendations on something bulletproof?

CountryBumkin

Reaction score
I would skip the "water leak detector" devices and just use a good quality hoses, replace them every five years, and put the savings in the bank (and maybe buy a good quality washer when the time comes).

IMO, these devices are just like buying insurance (ps. does Watts provide a damage payment guarantee if their device fails?).
Really, how many washing machine-valve blow outs do you hear about?

Reach4

Reaction score
Alternately, there are valves that have shutoff timer, and there are valves that have a quick-throw lever to make it easy to open and close both valves simultaneously.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks