Washing Machine + Slop Sink + AAV

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
-
Is there a minimum height number from the floor to somewhere on the CW trap?
What a CA (cute abbreviation).
The trap must be above the floor, so the height must not be negative -- except in CA, but where CA does not stand for California.

Reach4

Reaction score
I meant the Clothes Washer drainpipe trap.
In the US generally the standpipe trap for a washing machine must be above the floor, but Canada generally allows standpipe traps to be above or below the floor from what I think I remember reading.

I have a correction to what I wrote. http://www.co.lincoln.wa.us/Assessor/Building/Top 10 plumbing mistakes handout-4-09.pdf says
No standpipe receptor for any clothes washer shall extend more than thirty (30) inches, nor less than eighteen (18) inches above its trap. No trap for any clothes washer standpipe receptor shall be installed below the floor, but shall be roughed in not less than six (6) inches and not more than eighteen (18) inches above the floor.

I know the rules vary from place to place in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks