Washing machine inlet hose lifespan

Users who are viewing this thread

AlGreen

Reaction score
I'm among the lucky millions with a recalled Samsung top load washing machine. We've opted to replace it rather than go with Samsung's "fix." That brings us to my question: Should I buy new inlet hoses? I know that the rule of thumb is to replace the inlet hoses when you buy a new washer, but in this case the Samsung and the hoses are just 1 1/2 years old. Here's what I currently have.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just check the rubber washers inside the supply connectors, look for signs of wear and tear. If they look fine, re-use them and if they look bad, replace them.

A new set of universal washing machine connector hoses is not that expensive and you most likely don't have to get them from Samsung.

AlGreen

Reaction score
Normally I wouldn't hesitate to replace something just to be on the side, but ditching these relatively new hoses and buying new feels like a waste of money. Good point about the washers. I'll check them and replace if need be.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks