Washing machine & ice maker boxes by IPS

Users who are viewing this thread

MajMetro

Reaction score
I'm doing a remodel and want to buy a couple of the IPS Water-Tite boxes.

One is a washing machine box, model W4700 TM that has the supply valves mounted on the top of the box and the drain receptacle offset on the bottom. The box comes with chrome 1/4 turn valves.

The other box is an ice maker box, I believe it's a model 9700. It also comes with a 1/4 turn valve.

Alll the valves are 1/2" sweat.

Anyone know where I can get these? I'm in the Portland, OR area and the local suppliers that carry IPS don't stock them and usually want a min order of $50 for special orders.

I know I can scrape together parts and pieces to come up with a solution, but these would be the easy "no brainer" :cool: way to go...

Thanks, Mario

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
boxes

Why do you want those specific boxes? There are many other companies that make WM and IM boxes that would be stocked locally, without a special order.

MajMetro

Reaction score
hj,

I know it seems kind of nit-noy, but the Oatley boxes that I find at the big box stores don't have the configuration I'm looking for. I guess I'll buy a blank box and knock out the holes on the top of the box so I can plumb the supply lines from above. I don't care for the Oatley blank boxes 'cause they're too large (again being nit picky). The IPS boxes come with "chrome" :cool: 1/4 turn valves in a configuration that's ready to install.

I haven't found a 1/4 turn ice maker valve locally. The type that has the id for a sweat fitting and outer 1/2" male pipe threads for the locking nut. I guess I could just rig up a 1/4 turn valve with a compression fitting and get on with my life. :D To find the really special stuff, you've got to have a contact or account at the wholesale suppliers. Most of the local wholesalers don't want to deal with us DIYers.

All in all, just wanted to get a couple of these to try them out... :)

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks