Washer,shower & sink tie in small space

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The last set of pictures are too small for me to see.
You can have 800 pixels or smaller.

The washer and tub need 2" for the waste portion and 1.5" for the vents
The tub can use a 1.5" trap and trap arm after the vent.
A shower needs 2" and 1.5" for the vent.
The lav can be 1-1/4"
Nobody really has that, so we run that in 1.5"

It looks like you're doing that.

If it's on the vertical, then a santee for venting, or a double fixture cross
If it's vented on the horizontal, then a wye fitting for the vent.

Offsetting the washer standpipe after the p-trap is fine.
I like to use shutoffs with hammer arrestors for the washer box.

The job pictures above look fantastic !

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; got any suggestions

The first one would be to go to a plumbing school for 3 years to learn how to do plumbing, then do the job. The second one would be for you to call a plumber. The third on is that the pictures are so confusing I do not even know what they are showing, but they are absolutely no help as far as designing a system is concerned. Fourth, clean up the pictures. We do NOT have to know you are using "street 45s", or "sleeved 2 inch" for example. The "middle picture" was never inspected and it was probably done by some DIYer or handyman. Doing pretty tile work is NOT the same as doing "pretty" plumbing work, nor does plumbing swimming pools make someone a plumber.

Last edited:

Tileman4

In the Trades
Reaction score
this was one idea fyi i am lowering the pan so i can use 1x4 for damn thats why drain so low

Attachments

• dwv layout 1.jpg
    dwv layout 1.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 347

Tileman4

In the Trades
Reaction score
this was one idea fyi i am lowering the pan so i can use 1x4 for damn thats why drain so low

but i thought the whole joint was a prob waiting to happen
didnt know how to branch horizontal , i know combi but then w long sweep & long sweep vert just to move over a bit? ive been told that y on its back has to have that 45 on the arm

Tileman4

In the Trades
Reaction score
and this i was more fond of but hj said no go ...... and i suck & and im not pretty guess my pops sucks too i dunno
this looked like it had as little areas to clog & all units have vent that only tie in near ceiling all in 2 "
guys i get it , im no plumber, i can do some plumbing but far from pro
what has thrown me on this is i never deal w washer most dont have washer in bath but im trying i have read so much on fixture rating ventdistance & tie in at what hieght reverse suction wet venting double fixture tee ect if u got some critizing id love it beat me up & give me smack talk tell me my momma be ashamed of me but gimmie a bit of advice too little hint maybe
im not trying to front im in pretty deep i know i can do just not to sure bout the spliting into 2 horizontal lines so close together
heck washer stand pipe was 1 1/4 before i wanted that right & all my tile buds said they see 1 1/2 from tub they do shower in same so i know im going overkill , im lucky i got a mom thats letting me take so long to learn it cause contract job i would have subbed
im just trying to get better , put food on my kids table & support their mom
so if all there is out there is haters well so be it but we all have things we could learn remedial or master level all we need is a good teacher

Attachments

• tn-2 real.jpg
    tn-2 real.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 311
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks