Washer outlet box

Users who are viewing this thread

jwalters2112

Reaction score
Father in law removed his old wash sink and put in a washer outlet. He tapped in that same drain line..on that drain line immediately behind the wall also has a bathroom sink going into it. He never trapped the washer drain...it goes directly in the drain line..is this ok? The wall is closed up and all I have access to is where the drain goes into the crawl space...can I place a trap right at that point?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
PRObably NOT, from your description of what he did, but it really depends on how he installed the pipe. You probably going to have to open the wall again.

jwalters2112

Reaction score
PRObably NOT, from your description of what he did, but it really depends on how he installed the pipe. You probably going to have to open the wall again.

Thanks HJ

Obviously he has no picture so I made a quick diagram based off what he explained..said it was really tight in the stud where he has the washer box. I guess if I can't place the trap on the line, can I put a 45 elbow and bring the pipe into the crawl space and then just trap vent and make a dedicated drain line to the washer?

Attachments

• Untitled drawing.jpg
    Untitled drawing.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 298
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks