Washer drain and sink in basement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by rosem637, Feb 22, 2013.

1. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

Want to setup the washer/dryer/laundry sink in my basement. Does the below setup look good to go?

Attached Files:

• was.jpg
      was.jpg
      File size:
      18.7 KB
      Views:
    • was1.JPG
      was1.JPG
      File size:
      28.2 KB
      Views:
  2. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

or drain sink into the washer branch

Attached Files:

3. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

what about this get rid of the laundry tub and put in a toilet and lav sink. Use the lav drain as a wet vent for the toilet??

Attached Files:

4. Hammerlane

Hammerlane Member

In the picture abovein post #3 why do you have the toilet drain running toward the west-southwest into the washer branch then into the main when the shorter distance is to the southeast directly into the main.

attached a compass rose for the navigationally challenged

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

How many more possibilities can you come up with? They are all "proper", but not necessarily the "best" designs. In fact, there are MANY ways it could be done properly, not just the ones you show, so it is a personal preference how you do it. The compass rose is immaterial in an isometric drawing, unless it is also "skewed" to show the pipe direction, The angles are mostly 30 and 60 degrees so there is no "southeast" diriection.
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  6. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

because I can use the lav sink as a wet vent. if I go to the SE as you say with the toilet drain I still have to vent the toilet.
  7. rosem637

rosem637 New Member

yes many different ways to do this
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2013