warm/hot temperature on floor around toilet bowl

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by omni4, May 15, 2014.

1. omni4

omni4 New Member

I don't know anything about plumbing and I am concern that our toilet located on the first floor have a problem. When I touched the floor around the toilet bowl it is warm. If the water in tank is only cold water then I'm worried that there is something going on underneath the bowl. Please help..
  2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Unless there is water on the floor, I don't see the concern.

You may have heat in the floor.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

YOU may have a leaking hot water line in the floor near the toilet. A plumber can verify whether that is the case or not. I once repaired a leaking hot water line under the living room of an apartment. The girls were REALLY upset after I did it, because they thought the warm floor was, as Tony the tiger says, GRRREAAATTTT..