Wanted: Long Tank Life

Users who are viewing this thread

brasche

Reaction score
I have a few residential rentals and want to proactively replace the aging 2nd floor electric water heaters before the tanks leak. I'm ready to pay more for quality but I'm having a hard time finding quality lowboys that will fit in a confined space (23w x 27d x 38h).

I've seen that A.O. Smith and Bradford White have lowboys with 10 year warranties. Are these tanks long lived? Are there better choices?

Thanks for helping. Brian Rasche, Orlando, FL

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I might end up cheaper to just proactively replace the things on a regular basis. Some rated for very long life are quite a bit more expensive than others. A good sacraficial anode definately helps - it's the same technology that prevents a ship, bridge, or bouy from rusting away to nothing in the lakes/oceans. But, it must be maintained. Some condo/apartment houses mandate periodic replacement to preclude group water damages and minimize potential service calls.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks