"Waltec 12"

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by scott the plumber, Mar 23, 2009.

1. scott the plumber

scott the plumber In the Trades

Were changing out an old valve/tub/shower assembly that was made by "waltec 12" and am having a little problem with finding something compatible with it ,so that I dont have to "rip-out" the tile. The rough-in for the "waltec-12" had 3 half inch copper pipes coming in at the same level in-line horizontally through the wall of the tub ,the handles on the outside with the tub spout in the middle.The handles are on 6 inch centres.The valve ended up inside the tub/shower with a cover that went over it and fit flush to the wall. So if I can find something that has a similar "rough-in" to it , I would gladly take anyones information for this.

Thanks in advance,
    Scott the plumber.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

That level or remodel usually requires bringing the valve up to code...this means an anti-scald valve (pressure balanced or thermostatically controlled). There are remodeling plates that would cover the area needed to rip out that valve and install a new one without removing all of the tile.