WALL THERMOSTAT SELECTION FOR 240v TOE KICK HEATER WITH FAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck B

sea-bee
Reaction score
Hi:

I have installed a 24ov thermostat for baseboard heaters in the past.

I had also intended to use another dedicated wall thermostat for a single Cadet Brand PerfectToe 240v, 1000 watt “PerfectToe” toe kick heater under the kitchen cabinets.

But I learned that when the temperature is satisfied at the wall thermostat, it would cut the power to the toe kick heater not giving the heater fan a chance to cool off the unit.

Could you suggest a proper thermostats (brand, model)?

I’ve heard some terminology such as a thermostats with a “dip switch?” to address the fan shut off issue as a solution. I need more amplification as I am unfamiliar with that arrangement and I’ve never seen such a thermostat.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

Stuff

Reaction score
Some thermostats have a separate fan control that stays on a predetermined time after the heat is shut off. DIP switches are sometimes used to set the timeout duration.

On the PerfectToe the fan is wired in parallel with the heater so does not provide the ability to run the fan separately. At least that is what I see from the documentation at https://cadetheat.com/perfectoe.

Creative types could modify the unit and separate the fan from the heater then run another wire to control the fan. I don't know off hand of a 240v thermostat that has the fan function. Other option is to use a time delay relay at the heater but most of them are not for 240vac and has other issues.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
I do not know of any 240v wall thermostats that can do what you want. Honeywell has a programmable one but input and output is only line voltage. Electric heaters of any kind you want the fan to turn on immediately so it doesn't overheat. To make a modification to keep the fan on would be difficult unless you have a technical degree and understand basic electronics. To modify you may need another 120v circuit and the use of a time delay relay. The trick part would be you would need to another relay to activate the time delay relay when the heater is turned on.

Fitter30

Reaction score
Most electric heaters might use a fan stat to turn on but heater stat kills power to the whole heater. The element doesn't have enough mass to hold enough heat to worry about. That little bit of heat is still in the room.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks