Wall Mounted Toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

Dennis C.

Reaction score
Looking for a source for Case or Kohler wall,hung toilets. I believe that all models are out of production. therefore the only ones available seem to be used toilets taken from remodeling jobs. Can anyone help me? Any leads or contacts here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Some communities have laws prohibiting the sale or installation of used toilet.

Is there some reason you cannot use a new one? Having to repair some wall tile is not the end of the world,. and is not a reason which will move a city inspector!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
glenwall_flushmate.jpg

American Standard makes the Glenwall wall hung, with a Sloan Flushmate.
Never clogs, though the pressure jet make shred the paper up, requiring a second flush if you want to see a clear bowl.

Crane makes the Rexmont model, gravity, no shredding, but will plug easier.

Eljer makes the Wallford with the PF/2 pressure assist, this one shreds too.

glenwall_picture.jpg

Last edited:

bigrebnc1861

Plumber
Reaction score
Dennis is this for your home or a commercial job? If it is for your home you have to buy more then a toilet, you also have to buy a carrier and a flush valve and then your wall has to be thick enough to house the carrier. And then your carrier has to be secured some way to support the weight of the toilet and anyone sitting on the toilet. But anyway here is a link for American Standard

and also here is a link for Hughs Supply
http://hughessupply.com/products/vendor_list/vl-plumbing.html
Well I done some searching and I found one with a tank, this is the first for me, due to the fact all wall mounts I have install have been in commercial jobs. So you wouldn't have to buy a flushometer (SP?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lancaster

Reaction score
Kohler has wall hung toilets.Models K-4329,4330,4450,4460 and 4475.
Case is not around any more.I believe they were bought by Mansfield.
Mansfield offers the model 1300 wall hung.

Dennis C.

Reaction score
Wall Mounted Toilet

Terry, et.al.
Thanks for your replies.This is for our home, built in 1968, it has 3 Case wall hung toilets and 1 Kohler wall hung. They are attractive, have outstanding operation and they are easy to clean around. We are remodeling two bathrooms and the simplest , least work and lowest cost, is to get the same kind in beige or white. Simplest, because the carrier is in the wall and Case and Kohler types require little or no modification. Michigan allows resale of these fixtures , so it is no problem. in the past we have found one new Kohler and one used excellent Case. If we can not find these , we will look at the specs on the Crane-Rexmont and Am. Std.-Glenwall, they might be the next best solution. Any further comments are appreciated and we thank you for the leads on these others.
Dennis C.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
wallhung

If your Case toilets are the low boy pattern, then they do require modifcation of the carrier to accomodate a modern one. If you could use a Pink Champagne Kohler, I could help you out.

rip

Reaction score
On a related note, I just had an old (and pink!) Crane wall hung replaced with a new Crane Rexmont. In the new toilet, the water level in the bowl seems really low. Any adjustment that can be made for that or is the water level a function of toilet design/install? I've checked the water level in the tank and it seems to be fine...just below the overflow.

Also, I have noticed that in order to get the entire tank to drain I have to hold the flush handle down. Is this typical for most low flow toilets? There is a float installed on the chain between the flapper and the handle. I thought some of removing it to see if that would fix the problem.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To make a 1.6gallon toilet flush reasonably with gravity, they typically use a higher tank. To maintain the max usage to 1.6g, they don't let all of the water out. The increased height gives what does flow higher pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks