Wall mount toilet tanks?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by FrankLawrence, May 31, 2014.

1. FrankLawrence

FrankLawrence New Member

My current toilet setup is about as unusual as it gets. Bought this place from a former engineer who, due to space constraints, installed a toilet with a 14' copper pipe going up to a 20 gallon plastic tank mounted in a metal frame in the cabinet above the bathroom.
    Needless to say only a fraction of the tank is used per flush.

I'm losing my mind trying to find a replacement setup. Ideally I'd like to get a 2-3 gallon tank that I can mount on the wall (red brick) just a few feet above the toilet so I don't need a damned ladder every time I have to do something with the tank.

The only wall mount toilet tanks I can find are either on alibaba (china) or are ancient contraptions on ****.

I'd also go for a new toilet if the overall depth was less that 25" but such a thing does not exist.
    I'm about ready to have a welder make me a stainless steel tank but before I go down that route I thought I'd ask the pros here. What should I do?
  2. Stuff

Stuff Member

3. Smooky

Smooky Member

4. FrankLawrence

FrankLawrence New Member

I think that first link is exactly what I'm looking for. I've been searching for "wall mount" instead of "high tank." Thank you!
  5. wjcandee

wjcandee Wise One

For that money, you could get a good floor-mount toilet.