Wall Hung Zurn Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendi

Reaction score
Hi, please help me! :)

We have a Proflo PF1705HEWH wall hung toilet with a Zurn Z1212 carrier. The plumber never worked with one before, and everyone we've talked with said they've never worked with one, either. He has two questions that he needs me to find the answer for (he's a friend, doing this as a favor).
http://content.zurn.com/web_documents/pdfs/installation/C31.pdf

The backside of the toilet is pressed against a neoprene gasket into the Zurn toilet flange and threaded coupling. That part hasn't been an issue (after learning about the neoprene gasket here on this forum--Thanks!).

The questions are with the middle section/Zurn:

1) Is there another gasket in addition to the O-ring inside the Zurn flange? It looks like there's another space for something...and the threaded couplings aren't meeting in the middle???

2) The actual point of connection between the threaded coupling and a 3" ABS waste drain doesn't fit. The 3" ABS drain is too small for the threaded coupling. How does he connect the 3" ABS drain pipe to the Zurn threaded coupling???

Not sure if this picture is helpful, but here's how the plumber explained it to me, so I could ask for help.

Attachments

• wall mount toilet drawing.jpg
    wall mount toilet drawing.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 917
Last edited by a moderator:

Wendi

Reaction score
Terry, Thanks!

We already purchased everything and it's in the works...so, not going to return it unless it definitely won't work.

You said the Z1212 uses part 12. How do I find out what "part 12" is and where I can find/buy it?

Do you know the answer to the question about the center part..is there another gasket in addition to the o-ring inside the flange?

Thanks!!

Love,

Wendi

I normally use a Z1283 for residential.
http://www.zurn.com/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?NodeKey=373636

The model I get is the Z1283-P3
All carriers use the rubber gasket for the final install.

On the Z1212 it's part 12.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Okay, deep breath.

"Part 12" is the gasket on the installation instructions you linked to. Parts list in lower left. Part 12...gasket. It should have come with the kit.

Wendi

Reaction score
No gasket came with it, but by searching here on the forums I learned it was a neoprene gasket. We did buy one and that part (from the toilet to the wall) of the installation is fine.

It's inside that Zurn that the first question comes up:

1) We bought an O-ring to insert, but it looks like there's a groove for maybe something else in there? Seems like there's extra space in there for something else??
2) After the middle section, where the second threaded coupling is attached, how do we connect the 3" ABS pipe to the threaded coupling? It's too small. Is there a part that's supposed to connect the threaded coupling to the ABS waste drain?

Thanks!

Love,

Wendi
p.s. I didn't add that link...someone else must have gone into the post and inserted it? But, I looked it up and saw that you were referring to the neoprene gasket that we did purchase (didn't come with the kit...lots of things didn't come with it).

Okay, deep breath.

"Part 12" is the gasket on the installation instructions you linked to. Parts list in lower left. Part 12...gasket. It should have come with the kit.

Wendi

Reaction score
Anyone else able to help with my questions? :) The plumber is coming by again tomorrow.

Thanks!!

Wendi

Reaction score
I've been trying to understand all the parts to this wall hung toilet. Seems maybe we're missing a part?

We have a single toilet, it's a siphon kind, and when the toilet flushes, it needs to go out the back and turn left into the waste pipe that connects to the stack (there is no going up or down for the waste pipe...it goes to the left and meets the existing stack for a downstairs toilet).

Does that mean we need a "hub" behind the wall that can connect to the ABS waste drain? Is that what is missing??? We can't attach the ABS waste drain to the back of the Zurn flange threaded coupling?

Can someone show me a diagram of all the main parts that go into a wall hung toilet system:
toilet, neoprene gasket, threaded coupling, zurn carrier with o-ring, then what??

Can you tell me what comes next, and next...until it's connected to the stack? AND, is there something else that belongs in the zurn carrier with the o-ring...it looks like it's threaded for something else in there, other than just the o-ring??

Wendi

Reaction score
Sorry to keep posting, but I'm trying to figure this out so we can have the toilet installed properly. :-/

After even more reading, I think we ordered the wrong carrier for our needs. Can someone please let me know if I understand our needs correctly?

We have a single toilet, in the attic, that is a siphon kind, that is wall mounted (not sitting on the floor).

The waste needs to go out the back of the toilet and turn right (if sitting on the bowl, the waste would be going to the right). It doesn't go up or down, but rather to the right where it will meet the existing stack.

So, with that in mind, do we need a horizontal, siphon jet, no-hub, right hand carrier?

If so, I found this one that says it's adjustable (meaning it can be left or right hand??): http://www.zurn.com/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?NodeKey=373619

Again, sorry for posting so much. I don't know anything about plumbing, but want to make sure we have the proper parts and installation done correctly. Thanks so much!!!

Love,

Wendi

Wendi

Reaction score
A fresh morning. I have a better drawing and more precise questions. I hope now someone will be able to help me. :)

The questions are actually inside the wall/Zurn and then behind the wall. I drew a different picture (the plumber drew the other one). Not sure it's much better than the first, but I used colors to show my questions. :)

We're coming out of the back of the toilet and almost straight into the stack. We have the Zurn z-1212 carrier.

Questions are:

1) inside the zurn we've placed an o-ring. does something else belong in there (seems to be room for something else)?

2) after the zurn we're placing the other threaded coupling that came with the carrier. Does it belong here? AND how do we connect the ABS waste drain to the threaded coupling (threaded coupling is too small for a 4" ABS pipe and too big for a 3" ABS pipe).

Not many people have experience with wall hung toilets and the zurn carrier. Thanks so much for helping me understand better!

Love,

Wendi

Attachments

• toilet and zurn diagram.jpg
    toilet and zurn diagram.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 745

Reach4

Reaction score
I would go to youtube and put AICilI8InNo into the search box.

If that does not provide what you need, note the website and phone number at the end of the video. Also, expect related videos, that may be closer to what you want, to be listed on the right.

I have no knowledge of these carriers myself.

Wendi

Reaction score
I called Zurn and they completely understood the question and explained the order/parts. Now all is settled. :) Thanks so much!

Wendi

Reaction score
Thanks! I hope it works out. The plumber isn't coming until tomorrow...he had to pick up the part that wasn't included with the Zurn. :) I hope to not have anymore questions, but if I do I'll come back.

Thanks so very much!!!

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Let us know how it goes, and post a photo or two of the install in progress and completed. Always fun to see.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks