Volume control handle on Hansgrohe PuraVida

Users who are viewing this thread

MazdaMan

Reaction score
Hello. I have a Hansgrohe PuraVida trim which I installed into an iBox. Everything works fine, except that the volume control handle (that's the top one, as the bottom control is for the temperature) isn't perfectly level across the top. It's either tilted slightly to the left or to the right, but I can't get it just right. I may have installed the iBox slightly off level, I'm not sure, but at this point I can't change that. Is there some way to adjust the valve slightly to get the handle to be level and not tilted? Thanks for the help.

linda_tub_12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MazdaMan

Reaction score
Thanks for the link Terry. If you look at the second image on page 10, you'll see what I'm talking about. The handle adapter goes onto the valve, and both have splines, so I just push the adapter on and tighten the screw. Then the handle goes onto the adapter, and they are also splined. When I put the handle on, and set it to the center position, it's either a little to the left or a little to the right, depending on which spline I use. (With this model, turning the handle to the left sends water to the tub spout, while turning it to the right sends water to the showerhead. In the middle is where no water comes out, and that's where the handle should be level across the top, but isn't.) I'm looking for a way to make an adjustment to the valve to compensate for what might be the iBox being installed slightly off level, or possibly the valve itself being slightly off.

linda_tub_11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the box, and therefore the valve are not perfectly level and plumb, I do not think you'll be able to compensate.

Have you tried talking to the manufacturer?

Boink

Reaction score
The iBox manual makes a big thing out of leveling (in both directions) the box when mounting. Once it's set, you can't fix that. I had my plumber tweak it a little bit better to perfect level (knowing the trim would be off if not)... and it made a big difference.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
some companies, such as Kohler, use different spline counts on the adapter and handle, so you can adjust the handle position by trying different positions of the adapter

MazdaMan

Reaction score
Yes, I checked with Hansgrohe, and they said that once the ibox is in place, you can't change the position of the knob.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks