Vitra dual flush

Users who are viewing this thread

crm8484

Reaction score
I'm looking for a good dual flush toilet for a bathroom remodel. Locally i've found a Mansfield Ecoquantum, Toto Aquia III and a Vitra Evergreen series. I understand the Aquia is a good unit, but the appearance is probably way too modern looking for our house (old). I haven't studied the Mansfield or Vitra in person yet but from pics on the web they look more traditional. Through special order i could get Gerbers or other Totos. Would rather not wait the 3-4 weeks for those though.

From other threads it seems there is some concern with the Mansfield's pressure assisted flush component. Has anyone used the Mansfield specifically?

Haven't seen much about the Vitra though. Does anyone have experience with Vitra?

Thanks a lot!

Chris Miller

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've been selling the Gerber Dual flush for over a year now.
I've had 42% returns on the dual flush tank.

Less than 1% on the Toto Aquia.

https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21198&highlight=gerber+dual+flush

If you have a dual flush pressure assist from WDI Technology, it's the same thing the Gerber uses.

wdi_ecoflush_1.jpg

WDI Technology EcoFlush

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Toto Dartmouth has a design the fits pretty well in older homes. I don't mean it has a overhead tank and pull chain, but it is an attractive fixture. As far a dual flush, quite honestly I think once you try a Toto, you'll soon realize that dual flush is unnecessary.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I overstated my point about the dual flush. Actually I was thinking about the feature in my Dartmouth that allows me to defeat the 1.6 gallon flush if there is an extra heavy load just by holding the flush handle up an extra second or two. I have never found that to be necessary feature. As I understand it, a dual flush is similar be the "little" flush is a very small amount of water and the big flush is 1.6 gallons. If this is incorrect, I know someone will straighten us out.

crm8484

Reaction score
right, it's usually something like 0.8 gal / 1.6 gal or thereabouts. seems like a waste of a lot of water to use 1.6 gal (or way more with older toilets) to rinse down a little pee!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
But, it really limits your choice of toilets if you insist on that feature and perhaps at a higher price as well.

crm8484

Reaction score
true, it is limiting and costs a little more but over time you can recoup that cost premium in water savings (0.8 gal per flush on a #1 over a whole year adds up) ... not to mention the environmental savings from NOT treating/processing that much water.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I sell quite a few dual flush toilets, they work pretty well.
I had an Aquia dual flush in the main bathroom for two years trying it out.

I replaced with a 1.28 gallon, and thats working well too.

I haven't tried the Vitra.

crm8484

Reaction score
uh oh! am i going to be the guinea pig!? right now it's looking like my best option locally.

anyone out there tried Vitra ... anyone .... anyone ... Bueller?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks