Vista...sp1

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I have been getting some prompts from HP to create recovery discs, and to install Service Pack 1. ( I have auto updates turned on, so I don't actually know if it has already been installed.....how do you tell?)

If I don't already have SP1, should I download it, or wait awhile? The HP site actually provides a list of "known problems after upgrading to SP1" but still recommends install.

Anyone have experience with SP1??

Cookie

Reaction score
Jim, go ahead and download because it can't be downloaded twice. It will say, "download finished" and then, you will know.

The first part, I don't know.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, Cookie. I checked status and it says windows is up to date. I looked at the list of installed updates and find SP2, so I guess SP1 was already there when I bought it.

Anyway, the computer has been OK, so no worries, mates!

Cookie

Reaction score
You know Jim, you got to ask the computers questions to kids under 10, they are the experts. :D

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks