Vintage Elkay Single Handle Kitchen Faucet Repair Kit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Eddie_T

Reaction score
The faucet in question was sold with Elkay's top of the line triple basin SS sink in the early 70s. Although Elkay CS insists it was mfg by Elkay it obviously has the Delta ball valve with characteristic delta shaped cam under a chrome dome with adjusting ring. Elkay says it is no longer supported and will provide no info on which Delta or Danco parts kit will fit. Delta CS says the Delta universal repair kit (RP3614) fits all Delta single handle sink faucets made prior to 2008. At the hardware store things are less clear as it seems some kits are for one Delta ball and some for another. Does anyone have experience with the RP3614 kit or have other suggestion as to what to use. Actually the seat seals are replaced and work fine but the ball washer is leaking so water seeps around the stem. The RP3614 kit is shown here:
RP3614-B1.tif

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Quote: "the ball washer is leaking so water seeps around the stem."

That tells you that it's not a perfect fit.

Be practical/logical and replace the faucet, unless you enjoy repairing, running to the stores, spending money and gas, etc. This is a 45 yo faucet, time for a new one.

Others here may disagree with me...but that's what I'd do.

Eddie_T

Reaction score
Quote: "the ball washer is leaking so water seeps around the stem."

That tells you that it's not a perfect fit.

Be practical/logical and replace the faucet, unless you enjoy repairing, running to the stores, spending money and gas, etc. This is a 45 yo faucet, time for a new one.

Others here may disagree with me...but that's what I'd do.
Actually I didn't make myself clear. I have not replaced the ball washer, I have been replacing the seat springs and seals for many years and it is the ball washer that needs replaced now. The ball washer is not sold separately so I need a kit with a cam and ball washer that fits this particular ball.

Attachments

• 1031161334 (1).jpg
    1031161334 (1).jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 373

Eddie_T

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll give it a try. I was able to find a kit on E bay for $5. I need to keep the old swing spout as it will hit all three drains where the new faucets with pull down spray require pulling the spray head to hit side drains.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks