Villeroy & Boch Twist 5C11 01

Users who are viewing this thread

DIY_Steve

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking for a very compact toilet for my very small master bathroom. I want a modern look and concealed trapway. This model seems to be the best option for a 12" rough in. Anyone have any experience with this model? How does it perform?

Any other models/brands I should be looking at?

Thanks,
DIY SG

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Personally, I much prefer an elongated toilet over a round one such as the one you are interested in. If it's an issue about door swing, that's one thing. If it's about projecting into the room more, since an elongated you tend to sit around a bit more than a round one, that extra length isn't as big a deal. The Toto Vespin II would stick out about 4" more, but is elongated (it also is a skirted toilet). I have no personal experience with that brand or model. The shape and path of the trapway determines how well it works. The path on the Toto is slightly larger, and probably more uniform (since most of the trap is in the plastic Unifit adapter verses molded in porcelain), but that may or may not make much difference. I know the Toto works, since I've lived with a few for a number of years.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
These are German toilets. German toilets that I have read about do not use the US system of flushing. In short, they stink. I concur with Jim's suggestion on looking seriously at the Toto line. Toto is the largest manufacturer of toilets in the world and their reputation for quality is unsurpassed.

Adrian Luna

Reaction score
[QuoteTE=Gary Swart;370819]These are German toilets. German toilets that I have read about do not use the US system of flushing. In short, they stink. I concur with Jim's suggestion on looking seriously at the Toto line. Toto is the largest manufacturer of toilets in the world and their reputation for quality is unsurpassed.[/QUOTE]

Umm... The 5c11 isn't a shelf toilet (I assume this what you mean by German toilet). it doesn't stink any more then a toto, American Standard, or kohler.
The toilet is very attractive and it's distribution is managed by TOTO. Unfortunately the toilets aren't of very high quality. There are a lot of small defects all the time. Never anything obvious, I always have to look for them to find it but it is disappointing. They also use fluid master parts inside the tank.

Bill Shack

30years plumbing 10years plumbing inspector
Reaction score
I installed one of Villeroy & Boch toilets many years ago. It had this flushing mechanism with a push button in the middle of the tank cover. what a night mare. I lost my shirt on that job. the toilet would run on but you could not see why because the toilet would not flush with the tank off so you could see the problem. Parts are a very hard to get.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks