Viega-Ridgid pro press system.

Users who are viewing this thread

toebone51

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone uses this? I am in a new building 2 years down the road with this system in place. My boss just invested 9 grand in tools for upkeep and new projects. Well now I have a new project coming up. I have read the manuals that come with it and it says the pipe needs to be reamed and deburred. Says there can't be any scratches on the pipe where it goes into the fitting so the o-ring can seal. I have soldered for 30+ years now and used regular plumbers sand cloth. But I don't know if those scratches are tolerable. Was wondering if something like a scotch-brite pad would work to clean the pipe? Thanks for your response.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with it, but it would seem that since you are not soldering, why would joint need any cleaning?
I would think chamfering and deburring to protect the o-ring from being damaged would do the job.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Like anything, Pro-Press has advantages and disadvantages. Ridgid's web site and forum has an entire section devoted to arguing its merrits and pitfalls. For me, I have one, hardly ever use it because getting fittings means pre-ordering them because the local supply houses don't carry a wide selection and they are too damn expensive to stock. In retrospect it was 15 hundred dollars wasted but some love it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks