Viega: PureFlow PEX Crimp v/s PureFlow PEX Press

Users who are viewing this thread

outofplumb

Reaction score
Viega has 2 kinds of fastening systems in their PureFlow line: copper crimp rings and stainless steel press sleeves.

From browsing through this and other forum postings, it seems that people like the stainless steel press sleeve system. But what is the opinion on the PureFlow copper crimp ring system? Is this considered a decent line of fittings?

I have read the many posts that like the Wirsbo expansion system, but what about the "standard" crimp ring system? How does the Viega PureFlow crimp system compare (I am referring to the brass line)?

Also, how does the Vanguard products that Viega acquired play into this; is this crimp system a Vanguard product? If it was, should one care from a quality perspective?

Finally, a more general question. Which manufacturer's pex crimp system would you recommend?

outofplumb

Reaction score
Thank you for the response, Peter. I appreciate it. Will that include Pex brands like Watts, Bow, Waterline Products?

Can anybody provide input on my other questions above? Or is the Viega crimp system a relatively obscure product line?

trans4ma

Reaction score
Nibco pex fittings? works with Viega Pex press?

I've just come across Nibco Dura Pex, which conforms to ASTM F877 standards.

They also have on their website that you can use 3 different crimp styles with their system.
ASTM F1807 copper ring, a stainless clamp band and a stainless sleeve, which seems similar to the Viega sleeves.

Since Viega fittings are also ASTM F877, would the Nibco and Viega stainless sleeves, crimp tool be interchangable between both systems? The Nibco tool looks like ones for copper rings w/go/no-go gauge, unlike the Viega press tool.

I've found a local plumbing supply house near me that carries the Nibco Dura Pex supplies. If they work together, that would be good if I need an emergency part that I don't have to wait a few days for. Otherwise I'm happy with Pexsupply.com, the only complaint is their webite doesn't show what is out of stock. You only find out via email days later, it's backordered.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks