Viega PEX Press fittings swiveling after crimping - Help.

Users who are viewing this thread

SAVROOM

Reaction score
I'm way deep into a project loaded with Viega PEX Press Bronze fittings, most of which are now sealed inside of walls. This morning I was positioning 2 different copper pipes for strapping to studs. Both pipes were connected to Fosta PEX tubing with copper tube to Fosta PEX fittings, properly crimped with the appropriate Viega PEX Press crimping tool. In moving the pipes into position against the studs, I happened to notice the connections swiveling from the slight torque of moving the copper pipes against the studs. Is this normal? I double checked the crimped connections...both appear to be perfectly executed. Should I be concerned about leaking connections down the road? The entire system was pressure tested with 60 PSI city water before closing up the walls, with zero leaks after a 2 hours.

I need to close up this wall today but being Sunday I'm unable to contact Viega to ask about the swiveling.

Anyone have experience with this? Are these couplings intended to swivel without leaking?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The pex end can twist...the copper end, I don't think should, but I'm not sure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks