vibration and noise from pressure tank/pipe area..

Users who are viewing this thread

robert jeremias

Reaction score
My pump will kick on, at the end of its cycle i get a vibration and noise from my pressure tank/pipe area. Im new at this so i dont know what to make of it.

the noise is noticeable through the whole house. water pressure seems normal guage looks good.. the noise is intermittent.. i would say 7 times out of 10 it will do it..

need some help

thanks,

bobby

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Take the blue pill and chill my friend. You probably have two check valves (one way valves) in the system. There should be one on the pump, and you probably have another one before the water gets to the pressure tank. It is usually a brass fitting that just looks like a big coupling. You can replace the one prior to the pressure tank and this problem may go away. But it may cause another problem, which will be a water hammer on pump start. If that happens you will need to replace the check valve on the well pump to solve it.

To be done correctly the only check valve you want is the one down on the pump. If/when you have to replace the check valve down on the pump, remove the one above ground and your system will work much better.

If you just remove the above ground check valve now, you will instantly be able to tell if the lower check is still working, and it might work better without the upper check. But if the pressure leaks down when no one is using water, the lower check will need to be replaced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks