viberation in franklin electric pumptec

Users who are viewing this thread

penrosepete

Reaction score
My well is about 12yrs. old just the other day there was a viberation in the pumptec about 20-30 sec. before it kicked off, never done this before 3 days later it done it again, it is quite loud.any ideas, I know it is not good.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I don't know why the pumptec would be making noise 20-30 seconds before the pump shuts off, if the float switch is turning off the pump. The pumptec doesn't know the float switch is about to turn the pump off. But if the relay in the pumptec is bad, it could be buzzing just before it turns off the pump.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The float switch at the right pressure

I think you may be mixing two different things. A float switch responds to level, not pressure. A pressure switch responds to pressure. You might have some bounce/chatter on a failing pressure switch causing the relay to also bounce/chatter. 20/30 seconds however is a very long time. How long is a pump cycle if there is no draw?

penrosepete

Reaction score
O K now it makes the noise just as soon as the pump kicks on at 22# and quits when the pump shuts off at 48#, You can feel a little viberation on the pumptec if you put your hand on it. I can,t understand the noise, but I don,t even know how it works, my pump man said it would keep my pump from burning up. the pump and well seem to be working ok. do I replace it before it shuts my well down? Please advice.

penrosepete

Reaction score
I guess it sounds like I need to replace the pumptec, Do I just shut the power off and take out the old and rewire the new, is there any adjustment you have to do or does it come already to install? Please help

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I guess it sounds like I need to replace the pumptec, Do I just shut the power off and take out the old and rewire the new, is there any adjustment you have to do or does it come already to install? Please help

Just get the proper power and Voltage Pump and it should be a easy change out.

It sounds like you may have a Motor Bearing going bad.

The Bearing can be replaced maybe if you have a press. Or you could replace the motor, that may be a bit cheaper then the whole pump.

Good Luck.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks