Vespin II double cyclone toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by elly, Jul 22, 2011.

1. elly

elly New Member

We have 3 Toto Drake toilets in our home now and I am thinking about buying a Toto Vespin II double cyclone toilet for a new condo we purchased. I didn't notice any ratings on your site regarding the Vespin II, and was wondering if this is as good or better than the Drake. I really like the idea that it is rimless, has the sanagloss finish, ADA height, etc. Will it really clean the bowl using only 1.28 gallons of water per flush?:)

Elly
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The Vespin is essentially a skirted Drake...it works fine.
  3. elly

elly New Member

I don't think our Drakes have the double cyclone flush. We had them installed in '2001 and '2003.
  4. jadnashua

The Drake II has the newer bowl with the double cyclone flush system as well as all of the Totos with the "II" designation. Vespin is a skirted Drake.
  5. elly

elly New Member

Thanks Jim...
  6. osborneca

osborneca New Member

Question about Water Level in Vespin

We are looking fo 4 new skirted toilets to install in our renovated home. We looked at the Aquia 11 but rejected it once we observed the flush as the water level was too low to clear solid waste effectively (bowl cleaning is a concern). Does anyone know if the Vespin has a higher water level as this appears to be critical to bowl cleaning with solid waste. Thanks.

Catherine
  7. jadnashua

The Vespin's water spot is higher. The reason the Aquia's is small (this is true of any dual-flush toilet that actually clears the waste on the small flush not all do) is so that it can fully empty it when using the smaller flush volume of it's dual-flush system. If it was bigger, it would only dilute it, and not exchange it.
  8. Terry Love

Terry Love Plumber

Most people report that the Aquia will flush even solids with the half fllush.
    You can't tell everything from a picture. Sometimes you have to use the device.