Very small place between wall drain hole and tailpipe

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Motivated, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Motivated

Motivated New Member

I am replacing my bathroom sink. Problem is that there is very small place(4 inch) between wall drain hole and tailpipe and wall drain hole is right in front of the tailpipe so i am not able to install the p-trap. Any advice would be helpful.

Wall drain pipe is out 2 1/2" and space between the pipe and tailgate is 4"

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If the p-trap cant be cut down to fit, being close like it is, you can offset at the wall to miss the tailpiece, and swivel back to catch the tailpiece from the lav.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The p-trap can run forward, and the trap arm face backwards. IOW, the trap doesn't have to face back towards the wall.
  4. Basement_Lurker

Basement_Lurker One who lurks

You've got a nice long tailpiece there as well, you can trim it up if you need to and angle down and across towards the offset p-trap as well if you need to.