Very Odd Plumbing Drainage Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Dan OConnor

Reaction score
I have a very odd drainage problem in my house that is Only effecting one side of the house. On one side of my house, the toilet, sink & Shower go down fine, no problem at all. On the other side of the house My Toilet & Shower & sink are NOT draining. I have done all the following steps so far: Snaked the Vent on the roof, (there are 2) no blockage. I removed the toilet and found the 4 inch pipe below Full of water. NO WASTE I snaked it with a 50 ft large head cutting hand snake and used all 50 ft, with no resistance at all and Nothing at all pulled out with the snake, it was clean! Water will NOT go down? FYI, I am hooked up to a community drainage system (sewer) but the house, built in 1960 Originaly had a Septic System in it. Is it possible that Half of the house is Still hooked up to the old septic and the tank & leach fields are Full of water? We have had a very wet winter. That's all I can possibly think of. Also FYI, the house is on a Slab, so finding what Direction the main pipe runs outside to locate a possible septic tank will be very hard to do. Please, Please help. Thank You. DanO'

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; the house is on a Slab, so finding what Direction the main pipe runs outside to locate a possible septic tank will be very hard to do

NOT, if you contact a pipe locating company which will push a transponder through the pipe and trace its path. If it only goes so far, then that COULD be where the septic tank is, or it could be a ball of roots in the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks