very ,low pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Danl02026

retired
Reaction score
I have taken voltage readings and I'm getting voltages on the valve...the relay on the valve is closed so it is calling for the pump to turn on...I dont feel or hear and water running ....please help as this well feeds four houses....Being fairly new at the well game I'm trying to learn as I go...as the other houses have older people and cant get down the well house any more ...so I have to take the reins....any and all suggestions welcomed...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
I think you are talking about the pressure swith, not a valve. Are you getting 110V or 230V? Are you checking on the outlet side of the switch or the inlet side? If you are getting proper voltage out of the switch, then you probalby have a problem down hole. (ie. wire broke or overload in the motor tripped) Or it could be a broken pipe. You would need to check the amperage to see which one it is.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I dont feel or hear and water running ...
If water is being drawn and the pump is not moving water you would very soon go from low pressure to no pressure. If you continue to get water albeit at low pressure, suspect a hole in the pipe somewhere.

Danl02026

retired
Reaction score
I want to thank everybody that replied to my post...Because the area where the pump and tank are located.... I ended up changing the circuit breaker the running capacitor...and the pressure switch....after charging the tank with air...all is well with our well....Now I was thinking of changing out the gbreaker box and putting everything in a box the is moisture proof....for this wet location....any and all thought will be considered......thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks