Very low bowl heights

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
In some countries, it's common to get very low when using a toilet.
Some are just shower pans with a short piece of hose the wash down the poop.

When they come to the us, they stand on the toilet seat and squat.
It's really hard in spiked heels, but they can do it.

Following behind someone like that can be disturbing, if they have left a mess on the seat.

It does help to remove more from the body.
Terry

"Interesting thing about toilet heights. About 20-30 years ago, someone tried to market a toilet about 8" high -- claimed that the "natural" pooping position was the squat, and that his toilet enforced that position. Didn't say anything about how unnatural it was to stand up again and get back into your walker. (I'm not quite there yet, but working on it ":( .)Mikey

Achutch

Reaction score
I remember seeing that article. I thought to myself back then, NEVER would I want to have to use such a contraption (it was ugly to the eye as well), and that goes for today as well. Elongated and ADA height for me, please.

ACHUTCH, Vermont

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I’m a big guy and I like the handicapped W/C. The W/C that are a few inches higher. But I guess once you hit the 6’ and taller point that happens. I thought in some countries they just had a 6†or 8†hole that you hit. You can tell the men’s form the women’s room by the blood on the floor.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
The too much information department, or Where Would We Be Without Google?

got_nailed said:
I’m a big guy ...

Boy, are you lucky:

"I have a suspicion that if someone was to do some research, they would find that there is a correlation between height and incidence of bowel cancer. I believe the shorter a person is, the more likely it is that they will have bowel problems, because when they sit their bowel is even more bent than it is for taller people who can manage to lift their legs up a bit."

This from a Web page advocating the squat position for pooping. A lot of it makes sense, and they also show devices you can buy to put your feet up on, so that you can have the nice high seat and squat all at the same time.

http://www.relfe.com/toilet_seat_constipation.html

If you Google {squat toilet health} you'll find a ton of similar advice and counsel.

All this led to a fascinating Web site called "Toilets of the World", one section of which tells us how to buy and install our own squat toilet in the home. Wouldn't that be a conversation piece in your guest bath?

http://www.cromwell-intl.com/toilet/Index.html#buying_squatters

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
So I do need a standard W/C. I always thought that the one I had could be a bit taller. My knees are at more than 90* on the W/C I currently have. I just always thought that nothing was built for people over the 6’ 4†(280lbs) mark. But then again my wife thinks nothing is built for her because she is only 4’ 2†(72 lbs). She has her own short W/C in her ½ of the bath room; it looks like one the ones that you see in pre schools. But if I under stand everything right I should be using her bathroom not mine. I’ll have to try it out sometime to night before I go to bed. I’m thinking it’s about 8 or so inches shorter.

I post back what I think about using it tomorrow. I can see a fight coming if I leave racing stripe. Or will it even be able to handle a real size load with one flush.

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Well her toilet was ok. The seat could be a bit bigger (no room for my wewee to hang). The position was very different but everything just slid right out before I got to anything good to read. I don’t think her made is made for a real size load (if you know what I mean). But this is something I will be doing some thinking on and I might end up with one soon.

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Let me know how it works out -- the more I read about this, the more I think it makes sense. Might cut down on my All-Bran expense :D . You could keep a copy of King Rat handy for reading...

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Well I’m ready to replace mine to a lower toilet. I’m thinking something shorter than a standard size but I don’t want something that can’t handle me. So dose any one know of something that might work?

Got_Nailed

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Would code say the discharge needs to go behind the driver compartment or behind the rear wheel? How the PVC would joints hold up to normal driving. The vent line could be run in to the air cleaner.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks