Vertical Stack off-set 45 or 90.

Users who are viewing this thread

patma

Reaction score
Hello.
I have a master bath drain (shower, lav, WC) turning down into a closet chase. This drain pipe is horizontally off-set from the main sewer stack by about 2.5 feet. (The main stack is positioned tightly in the corner of the closet to maximize usable space.) I was going to 45 it over then 45 it down into the corner (main stack) but that takes up a lot more space in the closet. Can I use two long 90's to connect provided the pitch is there? Thank you in advance. (I live in ICP state)

Rough drawing

Main Drop.jpg

patma

Reaction score
Drains the lav, shower and WC. The vertical drop past this section is 10 feet

patma

Reaction score
Code lets you do either in that situation.
The 45's will be a bit speedier.

Thanks Terry. This was my concern about a 90. Is the speed a concern if my main line is 50 yrs old but seems to be working fine. We have 25 feet of main line out to the sewer connection at the street.

Given the short run and limited use of the bath, might have to try the 90. Guess I could always replace in the future given the easy access. ???

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It's all going downhill. It will get there.
From a plumbers perspective, I just like fewer changes of direction if I can. But waste dropping downhill? Not a big deal.

patma

Reaction score
Thanks for your time.. and great site. Love to learn and do things right... My plumber loves it too b/c he gets paid and I do the work.. ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks