Venting top floor bathroom

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by canton, Aug 25, 2005.

1. canton

canton Plumber

I'm stack venting a top floor bathroom. The 3" waste pipe comes up from a 4" waste in the cellar. The 3" waste comes up to the bathroom and 90's over about a foot where a wye and eighth goes up a wall and vtr's. The 3" run goes over and picks up the W.C and the tub which are about 5' away. I also have a lav that drains into the wye and eighth about 15" above, and above that a 2" vent that vents a kitchen sink on the 1st floor. The 2" vent for the kitchen sink ties in 6" above the lav. Does anyone see any problems with this setup?
  2. Kristi

Kristi Tradesman Plumber

head swimming with sizes...

It sounds like a good arrangement to me, at first read. I have mentally drawn it up (lol), and seems like it's more than enough! 3" through the roof? I think you're in good shape there... sounds like everything is in close proximity and wouldn't require more than one roof penetration.
    nothing wet venting, right? Make sure all the fittings for venting are the opposite of drainage... upside down!
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
  3. canton

canton Plumber

Thanks, I'm in Mass. and I believe when your venting on the flat you have to use a wye and not a T., no problem there I just rolled the eighth to get a straight run up and out.
    One more question, can you over vent, well not so much that..what I'm wondering is will an inspector have a problem with overkill on venting.
  4. toolaholic

toolaholic General Contractor Carpenter

no

venting, drains , and waste are determined by total fixture units. it,s an ez read ! pick up a book. i find it all interisting! maybe i need a hobby :D