Venting Separate Shower and Tub Question/Review

Users who are viewing this thread

Erc

Reaction score
I'm in the planning stages of a master bath remodel and would like to slightly relocate the current tub and shower positions to allow for a larger shower. However going this route seems to limit available walls to run vent piping. Must a drain line say from shower pass by the vent before going vertical, or is it generally acceptable (Atlanta, GA) to go vertical, being wet vented from an opposite side of the vertical run. If that doesn't makes since which it likely doesn't, I have attached a few sketches of What I am getting at. Thank you very much!

DrawingA.JPGDrawingB.JPGDrawingC.JPG

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
2 and 3 are ok if you are allowed to wet vent and if the trap to vent distance is within specs.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
#1. The shower drain is 'illegal"
#2. the shower has a "flat" vent'
#3. Is passable,
4. depending on HOW the room is configured, I might NOT do it any of those ways.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks