Venting Saniflo. Much confusion

Users who are viewing this thread

Sparky70

Reaction score
Hi,

I have searched hi and lo but can't find the answer.
I'm installing a Saniflo Saniaccess 3 upflush toilet, which also serves a shower drain and sink drain (full bath).
The instructions are incredibly vague on the venting, in fact, no venting is shown in the literature for the sink or shower.

My question:

1. Can I tie all three vents together (sink, shower and macerating pump) and use a single roof penetration (2") to vent or;

2. Must I use dedicated vent with roof penetration for the macerating pump AND another vent with roof penetration for the sink and shower vents.

Two separate roof penetrations would be a real PIA for me.

I have read that sewage ejector pits must have a dedicated vent with roof penetration. However are these upflush Saniflo systems categorized as true sewage ejector pit?

Saniflo has a diagram for one of their older models which indicates single penetration only but I'm not sure if it meets NJ code.

Please help.

Reach4

Reaction score
You can combine vents 42 inches above the floor of the highest floor served by the combination.

You can very probably continue with 2 inches through the roof in NJ, although at least some snowy areas require expanding before going through the roof. You don't need separate vents.

I am not a plumber.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks