Venting Question?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by JB412, Dec 15, 2006.

1. JB412

JB412 New Member

In a house we are remodeling for rental, it has a laundry room which is preety far from the main drain lines. Rather than a vent going up through the roof, it has an inside vent which I've never seen before (note: the kitchen sink has one of these also), which can be seen in the attached pic (assuming I'm successful making the attachment). Is anyone familiar with these? Does this suffice for a vent or do I need to redo to the outside? Thanks for any responses.

Attached Files:

2. prashster

prashster New Member

Is that an AAV? Didn't know they could handle the rush of a draining laundry machine.
  3. Gary Swart

Gary Swart In the Trades

That is an AAV and tit will handle the venting quite nicely. Lots of pro plumbers don't like these vents, but I believe there are times and places where they are OK.
  4. Cass

Cass Plumber

Well it's not a true AAV, it is a mechanical vent or trailer vent and they do not meet code. It can easily be replaced with an AAV.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

It is not a Studor brand, but does meet the code in this area.