Venting horizontal offset and diagram question

Users who are viewing this thread

RetroRich

Reaction score
Hello,

I am putting in a pretty straightforward bathroom configuration: toilet, sink and shower running left to right all on one wall.
Immediately to the left of the bathroom is a stackable washer/ dryer.

My questions please:
does this wet venting diagram work? Critical distance from tub to vent is probably a little more than 6 feet
Can all of it vent off one vent?

My big concern: since this is all on an exterior wall on a concrete slab, is it possible to come out of the back of the toilet into essentially a "Y", bringing the vent pipe back into the wall where it can safely be hidden until it comes out the roof?

Diagram below - hope this helps!

Attachments

• VENT PROPOSAL.jpg
    VENT PROPOSAL.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 83,822

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote;since this is all on an exterior wall on a concrete slab, is it possible to come out of the back of the toilet into essentially a "Y", bringing the vent pipe back into the wall where it can safely be hidden until it comes out the roof?

I have absolutely no idea what this means. The "twin ell" at the top of the lavatory pipe would be a sanitary tee, and convention would turn the "cross" on the main stack upside down. since you have a vent pipe going to the tub, why would there be 6' from the vent connection to the trap?

RetroRich

Reaction score
quote;since this is all on an exterior wall on a concrete slab, is it possible to come out of the back of the toilet into essentially a "Y", bringing the vent pipe back into the wall where it can safely be hidden until it comes out the roof?

I have absolutely no idea what this means. The "twin ell" at the top of the lavatory pipe would be a sanitary tee, and convention would turn the "cross" on the main stack upside down. since you have a vent pipe going to the tub, why would there be 6' from the vent connection to the trap?

Hi,

thank you - understood on sanitary tee and cross. Those were actually carry overs from an illustration I was basing mine from. I will make the adjustments per your email

My bigger concern though was the overall design. Also, not sure abut your question about the vent pipe. Can you explain? What I was saying is there is a critical distance of over 6ft from the tub to the vent pipe.

Below is an illustration showing an overview

The bathroom is on a concrete slab so I am avoiding breaking up all the concrete to run a drain underneath

The blue lines are my proposed drain lines. My question is, can I come out the back of the wall off the toilet for the drain and then have a "Y" so I can get back into the unit for the vent pipe (shown in green circle)?

Attachments

• DRAINS.jpg
    DRAINS.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 1,686

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; can I come out the back of the wall off the toilet for the drain and then have a "Y" so I can get back into the unit for the vent pipe (shown in green circle)?

You know what that means, but I am unsure. IF you mean all the drains will connect outside the building, then yes you can bring the toilet vent back into the building, assuming you do it correctly, but ALL the other vents also have to be inside the building and tied together.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks