Venting Garage Heater?

Discussion in 'HVAC Heating & Cooling' started by BRIAN1172, Oct 24, 2007.

1. BRIAN1172

BRIAN1172 New Member

I have a gas garage heater and I am trying to figure out the venting before I call someone to hook it up. I have a new house and do not want the "ugly smoke stack" sticking out the side of my house. It has a blower for the venting can i vent it out the back wall to a dryer type vent on the outside of the house? Just looking for a better looking alternative.
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You need to follow the manufacturer's specific installation instructions.

For sure, you MUST NOT use something like the dryer vent. It DOES NOT meet fire code for a flue exhaust.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

The usually have an "attractive silver vent fitting" for side wall exhaust. I assume this heater is approved for a garage so that there is no explosion possibility in the case of volatile fumes.
  4. BRIAN1172

BRIAN1172 New Member

More Info. Please

I AM JUST LOOKING FOR WHAT IS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE I UNDERSTAND THAT EVERYTHING FROM THE HEATER TO THAT POINT WILL BE PROPER VENTING PIPE.
  5. BRIAN1172

BRIAN1172 New Member

I Am Just Looking For What Is On The Outside Of The House I Understand That Everything From The Heater To That Point Will Be Proper Venting Pipe.
  6. frenchie

frenchie Jack of all trades

No need to triple-post, just read the answer you got. He was talking about "What Is Outside The House". Lots of dryer exhaust fittings have plastic parts, that could melt.

Also, "What Is Outside The House," might restrict the flow out of the pipe.

Contact the manufacturer, and find out what they'll approve.