Venting below flood level

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by pbr3232, Mar 16, 2009.

1. pbr3232

pbr3232 New Member

The upc code 905.3 states "Vents less than six inches above the flood level rim of the fixture shall be installed with approved drainage fittings, materials and grade to the drain."

I am going to try to upload an image and was wondering if someone could tell me if the fiitting for the vent would have to be a wye and 8th bend on a shower trap arm.

Any help appreciated
    Thank You

Attached Files:

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

If the vent is in the horizontal position, it would be a wye and 1/8 bend
  3. pbr3232

pbr3232 New Member

The vent would be horizontal or at a 45. Seems like lots of people cheat for lack of room and use a TY on its back.

Thanks for reply