Venting Basement Shower?

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by gohuskers, Jun 1, 2008.

1. gohuskers

gohuskers New Member

This is a great forum which has helped me tremendously over the last few years.

I've got a roughed-in bathroom in my basement but I cannot figure out whether I will need to vent my shower line. The below photo shows what I'm working with and gives the dimensions of what I want to do. The second photo shows where the current 1 1/2 line extends into the ceiling.

I'm simply going to extent the 2" shower line a couple feet and extend out for a shower pan i'll build. Toilet will be located at the current location of the existing stub-out and the vanity will be located utilizing the existing line as well.

Do I need a vent? If so can it be run into the vanity wet vent?

Thanks a lot for the help it's really appreciated.

[​IMG][/IMG]

1 1/2 pipe into upstairs

[​IMG][/IMG]

Attached Files: